Trinity Historic Sites
Centre : Mercantile
Premises : Hiscock
Trinity, off Highway 230 on the Bonavista
Peninsula, approximately 3 hours from St. John's, Newfoundland and
What can I do here?
- Pick up a map and get your bearings at the Trinity Visitor
Centre. Purchase tickets to the Trinity Experience - 7 historic
sites all around town.
- At the 1800s counting house in the Mercantile Premises, imagine
being a bookeeper counting up a merchant's fortune. Talk to
interpreters about life in a bustling seaport in the age of sail
and salt fish.
- At Hiscock House, step back to 1910, and see life through the
eyes of Emma Hiscock. Widowed with six children, she managed to
maintain a genteel life through hard work and
- At Lester-Garland House, see how Trinity's most famous merchant
family transported English upper class life to 1800s
- At the Cooperage, see the trade of barrel-making brought back
- At the Trinity Museum, get a sense of the trades that once made
Trinity the place to go for everything from shipbuilding to
- At the Green Family Forge, talk to the working blacksmith and
see what he's making today.
More to do around
Trinity and area