About Mockbeggar Plantation
The main house at the Mockbeggar Plantation was built in the
1870s and has been restored to 1939 - the time when Newfoundland
statesman and advocate for Confederation with Canada F. Gordon
Bradley lived here. A fishery plantation site since the 1700s,
other buildings on the property include a large 18th-century
fish store, an early 20th-century barter shop, a carpentry shop,
and a cod-liver-oil factory.