[tidy error]

About Heart's Content Cable Station

Heart's Content Cable Station today consists of an 1875 office building and a 1918 extension. Exhibits focus on the history of telegraphy and the role Heart's Content played in the industry. The cable station remained part of the Western Union Inc.'s international cable system until the facility was closed in 1965 after trans-ocean telephone cable and satellite communication made its technology obsolete.

Learn more about the global communications revolution associated with the cable station on The Great Transatlantic Cable