Cupids Cove Plantation
Cupids, Newfoundland and Labrador, approx 1 hour from St.
What can I do here?
- Start at Cupids Cove Plantation Provincial Historic Site.
- Walk around the active archaeological dig site - here you can
see the cobblestone floors and foundations of buildings that John
Guy and his colonists actually built 400 years ago. Talk to an
archaeologist about what they're uncovering today about the lives
of Canada's first English settlers.
- What will you find? Excavate your own artifact at the mock-dig
- Walk the 10-minute trail to the lookout behind the site to see
why John Guy chose this harbour to set down roots.
- Walk along the waterfront to the Cupids
Legacy Centre. Tour new state-of-the-art exhibits, get a
background to the story of John Guy and his colony. Visit the
archeology lab in the building to see what archeologists here are
More to do around